Interested in becoming a Phoenix Board of Director?
Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics (VPG) is a not-for-profit gymnastics club that has a rich history of provincial, national and international competitive success and recreational excellence. Its Board of Directors is comprised of volunteers whose mandate is to:
- Ensure that the correct policies are in place to help staff strive towards the club’s mission of becoming the best provider of gymnastics programs in Canada
- Encourage diversity of perspectives and opinions which it views as a valuable part of effective decision making;
- Represent the interest of all people served by VPG
The Board of Directors is currently seeking volunteers to serve on the 2019-2020 Board. Candidates must have an interest in leading and governing rather than being involved in the day to day operations of the VPG. Meetings are held at least 6 times a year to discuss issues dealing with the governance of VPG.
- Attend regular Board meetings and actively participate in discussions
- Participate on a committee or sub-committee of the Board
- Prepare for Board meetings by reading materials and asking questions as relevant
- Establish policy as required
- Act as an ambassador for VPG to the members and the broader community
We are particularly interested in candidates with any of the following expertise:
- Organizational Development
Board of directors serve two year terms with possibility of re-election for subsequent one or two year terms. Interested? If you would like to be considered as a candidate, write to email@example.com with your resume and a short note about why you want to join. Deadline is Monday, September 30, 2019.
Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics Board of Directors Nominating Committee