We are looking for vibrant, motivated and passionate people to grow with us!
Find satisfaction in making a difference in people’s lives! Come join us and do amazing things!
Coach in Training
Our Coach-in-Training (CIT) program offers opportunities for teen gymnasts to begin their coaching training. Through workshops and volunteer activities, gymnasts can prepare to take their Coaching Certification and provide mentorship to younger gymnasts in our recreational program. They can also stay in shape by doing Adult Gym, learn to be a judge, as well as compete in our very own masters’ competition.
For more information, please contact our CIT Coordinators: Ryan Chin-Fee or Yuka Kaneko.
This program was established in order to provide an opportunity for adults who have no previous gymnastics experience but express an interest and willingness to learn gymnastics coaching skills, a venue in which to be mentored in a practical setting.
• Must be at least 15 years of age
• Must be Level 1 Gymnastics Foundations trained
• May have little or no gymnastics or teaching experience
• Demonstrates a willingness and interest in working with children
• Appears to be a good cultural fit for the Club
• Has a valid Police Information Check if 18+ years (with Vulnerable Sector Search)
• Has completed Respect in Sport online program
• Is prepared to complete Make Ethical Decisions online evaluation
• Is prepared to complete the Foundations workbook
1. Initial interview by the HR Manager and/or Executive Director and /or CIT Lead
2. Orientation session (general info about facility, programming and personnel)- By HR and CIT Lead
3. Intern will be registered with Gymnastics BC as a volunteer- By HR
4. Internship schedule in the Gymnastics For All Program will be provided.
- minimum of 10 volunteer observing hours in variety of classes + 10-30 volunteer training hours of shadow
work as recommended by CIT Leads (depending on previous experience, background, education, etc..
with tracking form)
- Internal coaching evaluation midway and at the end- possible further recommendations of additional
5. Upon recommendation he/she may apply for a coaching position at the Club.
Note: Completion of the Internship Program does not guarantee that the intern will be hired as a Phoenix coach. All criteria for the selection of an employee will apply to any intern applying for a coaching position.
Questions? Please email us here.