Health and Safety at VPG
Phoenix Gymnastics follows the protocols of the Public Health Officer as well as the guidance of Gymnastics BC (GBC) and ViaSport (provincial sports authorities) as they pertain to the safety of members and staff while enjoying the sport of gymnastics.
Effective September 13, 2021, Phoenix Gymnastics will support the following outlined in the Order:
- Adults (those 22 and older) must show proof of vaccination for indoor and outdoor sport;
- Youth (those 18 and younger) are exempt from the program and do not need to show proof of vaccination. This is due to the government deeming sport as essential to children’s development.
- Athletes (5 and older) are mandated to wear a mask while in the gym.
- Athletes (4 and younger) are not currently mandated to wear a mask, however, Phoenix Gymnastics highly recommends they do so.
- Parents participating in a class (i.e. Parent Participation, Adaptive Gymnastics) are required to wear a mask.
Effective November 12, 2021:
- Adults who are supporting a child’s experience in a parent participation or drop-in program must provide proof of full vaccination and ID upon entry.
- Given the fourth wave of the virus, that the largest demographic at Phoenix falls in the unvaccinated 5 to 12 age group, and that VPG is working with limited staff levels, VPG has made the difficult decision not to welcome spectators into the facility at this time. We hope to welcome spectators back into the facility in the near future. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates.
These guidelines are in addition to having multiple entrances, frequent handwashing, sanitizing of equipment between classes, and distancing when possible.